Hello. My name is Jonathan Pastor. I am software engineer in Easyvirt in Nantes, developing tools for VMware infrastructures. Previously I was a postdoctoral researcher working in the STACK team on the SeDuCe testbed for the study of energetical aspects in datacenters.
I have received a computer science PhD from Ecole des Mines de Nantes in October 2016, by defending a thesis titled Contributions to massively distributed Cloud Computing infrastructures, under the supervision of Frederic Desprez and Adrien Lèbre.
I have also been involved two years in the technical comitee of Grid’5000 and been a research engineer during one year on the Chameleon Cloud testbed when I was working in Nimbus team at University of Chicago.
- Cloud Computing and Fog/Edge Computing (OpenStack, VMware, Docker).
- Energy-related aspects of datacenters (power consumption, thermal dissipation, use of renewable energies).
- High availability and scalability of distributed Systems.
- Best paper award, Green 2018
- 1st prize at the Large scale challenge of the Grid’5000 Spring School 2014